On 20th September 2010 I set off on an around the world trip that I thought would last a year. As my career break came to an end, I knew that I couldn’t go back – not because I’d done anything illegal (that I’d been caught for), but because wanderlust has taken root so deep that continuing seemed the only bearable option. Three years later I’m still going.
If you’ve ever wondered what I’ve spent my last three years doing or what an around the world trip looks like, here it is – one 3-year extravaganza of travel captured in 3 minutes (and 51 seconds). From Latin America to Southeast Asia to China, India, the Middle East, Hawaii and Europe, I hope you enjoy.
To the people I met along the way (some featured below, some not), it is you, not the buildings nor the beaches, that have made my journey worthwhile. Simply: thank you. May you continue to follow your own travel dreams. Just make sure you send me an invite!
If you’re interested to know what differences 3 years of travel has made to my life, check out my post 101 Ways Travel Has Changed Me.
- 101 Travel Themed Things To Do When You’re Bored At Home
- The 10 Weirdest Places I’ve been
- 10 Travel Experiences Everyone Should have in their Lifetime
- 101 Ways Travel Changed Me
- My 20 Worst Travel Stories
- Best Travel Videos That Will Make You Want to Pack A Bag
- Best Budget Accommodation Websites
- Your Ultimate Trip Planning Guide – Save Time & Money
- Top Travel Sites – Over 100 Links for Trip Planning
- How to Plan a Trip Itinerary – Step-By-Step Guide
- Backpacking Checklist – Plan A Round The World Trip in 4 Weeks
- 50 Biggest Culture Shock Experiences
- The Best Travel Backpacks – Tried & Tested
- 101 Tips for Cheap Flights