1. An Itinerary Through Real Jamaica | Indiana Jo
    An Itinerary Through Real Jamaica | Indiana Jo at |

[…] 10 Essential Things to Know About Cuba Before You Go […]

2. zenek
    zenek at | | Reply

Can you take a Viazul bus on New year, 31/12. We will leave Trinidad to celebrate New Years Eve in Havana, El Patio.I have 3 daughters, 8, 14, and 17 years old. Do you Think they will like the party on El Patio, Plaza de Catedral

3. Jessica Zais
    Jessica Zais at | | Reply

Fantastic writeup on Cuba. I love your thoroughness. I’ve been to Cuba but still picked up great tips I didn’t know for my next trip!! : )

4. Rebecca Hoyle
    Rebecca Hoyle at | | Reply

Hi Jo! Thank you so much for this post it has helped us so much! We are going to cuba next week as a last minute thing from Cancun and had a huge panic about visas but u have put our minds at ease! We are currently looking for casas and have looked at the one in havana u recommended but it’s full, is there a website u recommend to use? Or any other casas in havana that you have stayed at? Thank u again xx

5. Meg Wray
    Meg Wray at | | Reply

Awesome post. I absolutely fell in love with Cuba, even though I was only at one resort. It’s such an interesting country and I definitely want to go back, so it was great to read all these tips! Like you said, it was really rough finding ATMs that actually worked, or even bankers that would actually accept my card for a withdraw. Often the bankers would only accept credit cards, not debit cards. I thought the tourist peso was even more than USD? I was getting my Canadian dollars exchanged at my resort and my dollar value was a lot lower, even with the USD/CND exchange rate!

6. Murissa
    Murissa at | | Reply

Don’t you just hate it when you travel a great distance to experience a place but you are bombarded with locals trying to take you for as much money as they can. I will be printing this off and keeping it in my back pocket when I go to Cuba!
    You do such great detailed posts Jo!

7. David Bennett
    David Bennett at | | Reply

A country without billboards – my soul cries out for it 🙂

By the way, I found your site from the article about you on the UlyssesApp blog.

8. David Ouellette
    David Ouellette at | | Reply

This was a really interesting and helpful post Indiana! Can’t wait to get to Cuba…

9. Ann
    Ann at | | Reply

agree with your remark about history; it explains quite a lot for Cuba & its situation. I wish I’d known more before I went. also appreciate your accurate advice for Americans. Folks from the US should be diligent in preparing for a trip.

10. Candice @ The Let's Go Ladies
    Candice @ The Let's Go Ladies at | | Reply

This is SUCH a comprehensive post, thank you so much for putting it together. I had heard from other travellers that the food in Cuba is underwhelming. I didn’t know there were two different type of currencies. You learn something new every day!