1. How Not to Visit Semuc Champey, Guatemala - Part 1 - Indiana Jo
    How Not to Visit Semuc Champey, Guatemala - Part 1 - Indiana Jo at |

[…] …to be continued in Semuc Champey Part 2. […]

2. Jessica
    Jessica at | | Reply

Hi Jo, I am planning a 1-2 month trip to Guatemala this upcoming summer. Your post was very informative, and I would love to hear if you have any other recommendations for places to see/do in Guatemala.
    Thanks in advance

3. Tim
    Tim at | | Reply

Jo – great post, equal parts enticing and deterring…

I know it probably wasn’t your intention for readers to get hung up on this one description, but I’ve got to ask: with as much objectivity as you can offer in hindsight, how dangerous was that blind jump through that “slither of a crack between two cave walls”?

I am finalizing my itinerary for Guatemala now and would really like to do this!

Thanks in advance

4. Erick Saul
    Erick Saul at | | Reply

What a great read! Jo, you’re hilarious, witty and informative. I travel as part of my job (trunkshow host onboard luxury cruise ships) and I was planning on starting a blog, as a hobby at first. Your blog has been so useful and extremely entertaining.

Thanks for sharing!

Erick

5. Alexandra
    Alexandra at | | Reply

Hi Jo!
    Great post, thanks for sharing your adventure! I am about to leave on a backpacking trip around Central America and will definitely be stopping by Semuc Champey. I was wondering what tour company you used? And would you recommend them? A friend said not to bother with a tour here, to just explore on my own, but I am a bit tentative. I’d love your opinion. Also, is there anywhere in particular you feel I absolutely need to go?
    Thanks!
    Alex

6. Annie
    Annie at | | Reply

Awesome read! Thanks for sharing. I am planning my trip for this upcoming March-April. This will be mine and my husbands first adventure on our own and I am a bit nervous. Is there anything you recommend us keeping eye out for, or anything else that you think is a must do? Also, how long (days) was the trip to Semuc Champey from Antigua?

7. Fabian
    Fabian at | | Reply

a great read, thanks for sharing! Very insightful as I am planning my trip to Guatemala 🙂