1. Kristin
    Kristin at | | Reply

Hi Jo,

My friends and I (3 of us) are going to Batad Rice Terraces as a day trip so we will be taking the 7pm bus back. It was recommended to me that we hire private transportation in order to make the bus in the evening. What do you recommend?

Also is it easy to find a guide once you are in Batad or should you try to find one prior to going?

Thanks,
    Kristin

2. Sage
    Sage at | | Reply

Hi there Jo,

I stumbled upon this post while doing some research on the Philippines. I’m trying to determine how physically grading Banaue is. It seems like I could get around without doing any intense walking or trekking, especially if I opt for tricycles. I had foot surgery in December, and I don’t plan on traveling to Banaue until mid-February. My foot will be healed by then, but I still need to be cautious. Any advice would be appreciated.

3. To Take Tours or Not to Take Tours - That is the Question | Indiana Jo

[…] Visiting the Batad Rice Terraces in the Philippines […]

4. chinyi
    chinyi at | | Reply

Hi Jo,

Did you find Banaue and Batad safe to travel for a solo female?

Thanks!

5. yanna
    yanna at | | Reply

Hi Jo. Do you have Abner’s contact info?

6. Lorna Doctor
    Lorna Doctor at | | Reply

Thanks a lot for this informative post! Shall be following these directions next month 🙂

7. hasan
    hasan at | | Reply

Wow, really great explaining and describe. Thanks a lot for sharing this great experince.

8. Miriam of Adventurous Miriam
    Miriam of Adventurous Miriam at | | Reply

I will 🙂 Happy travels.

9. Miriam of Adventurous Miriam
    Miriam of Adventurous Miriam at | | Reply

Great post, Jo! It’s very informative and gave me the advice I needed. Thanks 🙂

10. junisia
    junisia at | | Reply

i live in Batad…just contact me if you need some accomodation and tour guides..

1. Rose
      Rose at | | Reply

Hi Jo, this is a helpful blog for me.. We are planning to go to rice terraces.
      If I can contact Junisia we want her service ..thank you

11. Graes
    Graes at | | Reply

Hi Jo. Thank you for this travelogue. It’s exactly what I am looking for – right details and inside info. 🙂 Planning to go visit but only have 2 days max. I guess I would have to plan it another time to truly get the feel without being rushed?

Once again, thank you!

12. JBVTours
    JBVTours at | | Reply

Jo, you got all right for Banaue . For me the Las Vegas is the best place to eat and enjoy at least a short evening. They do some jamming there to and it can be some fun.
    I would say too, anyone going to Banaue on a short trip, do the Batad Tour, its hard but really the better.

13. James
    James at | | Reply

Wow!! What an informative blog! It’s sorted me right out! I’m planning on doing the exact same itinerary in March! I have two queries though and am hopeful you can help me :))
    1) You did 2 days 1 night right? (It’s what i gathered from the article) Day 1 Banuae and stayed there, Day 2 daytrip to banad!?
    2) You got the 6pm bus back to Manila with Ohyami!? It wasn’t rushed and you had enough time to get back to the bus!?

I hope you enjoyed Kuala Lumpur! It’s a wonderful city!

14. Benjamin Asis
    Benjamin Asis at | | Reply

Thank you very much for an interesting, insightful and informative account of your experience. We are planning of going to Banaue also and this is a good help.